How to care
- we recommend a weekly cleaning of your glass eye prosthesis
- it suffices to remove the prosthesis and rinse it in a bowl of water. Never put it directly into the water coming from the faucet, it might slip and break!
- remaining phlegm/mucus can be rubbed off with a soft tissue
- additional cleaning: in case you have stubborn phlegm/mucus on your glass eye prosthesis, you can place your prosthesis in vinegar (normal vinegar used for cooking/eating) for 10 minutes and the phlegm dissolves. After that it’s important to rinse the prosthesis with water before replacing
- if you don’t wear your prosthesis, store it in a dry box
- glass eye prostheses should be exchanged/made new after a year
after that simply wet the prosthesis with water and replace it